A awesome TRX workout from Chris Fales.
Give this a go, and let me know how you do with it!
So we have a limited amount of time for a workout, and you want to really want to get a good full workout in, well look no where else and try this 12 – 15 min workout.
10 rounds of 10 reps for each exercise.
1. TRX Atomic Push-up: Double knee tuck, and then a push-up and repeat!
2. Kettle bell swings
Use an appropriate weight for the kettle bell swings, about 80 to 85% of your 1 RM.
I’ve been slacking keeping the WOD’s up to date on the blog so its only WOD #4.
Last night we worked on arms, shoulders and core. Good 40 -50 mins workout.
1. Resistance band curls 20, 15, 10 reps for 3 different sets
2. TRX 90 degree bicep flex (minor movement) 30 secs for 3 sets
3. Single arm kettle bell pistols 10 – 15 reps for 3 rounds.
1. Kettle bell clean and press – 15 reps for 3 sets
2. Inverted kettle bell press – 6 reps for 3 sets
3. Dumb bell shoulder side raise – 10 reps for 3 sets
1. Hanging leg raise to chest
2. TRX double knee tucks
3. Decline situp rotation alternate sides w/ stick on back
30 secs each for 3 rounds
And then you can finish with some cardio, such as punching the bags, or running on an incline treadmill doing intervals.
Warm-up – perform until your arms are dead….
1. dumbbell hammer curls
2. TRX tricep extensions
Main Course – 3 Stations, do all 3 stations consecutively without rest.
1st Station – perform 6 each
1. 25 Plate a side barbell high pulls
2. 30 lb ball slams
3. 40 lb dumbbell burpees
2nd Station – perform 6 each
1. 45 lb Plate a side barbell high pulls
2. 20 lb ball slams
3. 20 lb dumbbell burpees
if 45 lb high pulls is too heavy, perform 15 each of ball slams and 20 lb dumbbell burpees.
3rd Station – perform 12-15 reps with TRX Band
Perform 1 -3 in order for 1 rep.
1. knee ins
Easy WOD as they said. Now enjoy.
So we have started training more with the TRX band.
This is definitely a very incredible piece of equipment, yet it is so simple. Just a rugged piece of straps that can withhold a lot of weight.
The rest of the training is based on creativity, body weight, and angles.
We are able to do suspended push-ups, jumping leg lunges, reverse rows, ab workouts. There is a lot to do with the bands. Just simple stuff, that gets your muscles leaner and stronger.
Stay tuned for results in the next couple of months to half a year, but so far the TRX bands are recommended.